Tuesday, May 22, 2012

KaiserCraft and Sizzix

Here is a really cute ideal I have resently seen on the Sizzix blog.  Hope you enjoy.


Kaisercraft paper P805/Flamingo, Kaisercraft Collectables Tigerlilly, Martha Stewart ribbon,  Cosmo Cricket washi tape.  Tim Holtz Ripe Persimmon Ink, and lets not for get the Eileen Hull Sizzix  Die Bag Caddy #657123


This was really fun to make and is a lot smaller then you think.  It is 5 inches high 3 1/2  inches across the front and 2 1/4 across the side.  The center hole was in the die and I dug through my stash and found that some Making Memories brads I had fit perfect.  I love using things from my stash piles.  That is also where the ribbon came from.


Here is a side view.

I plan on using this little box to add pens and things to on my desk.  To make it I just Cut the Die two times, then cut the die again twice with paper.  I will tell you that if you want your butter flies to all face up you have to cut your paper as the two tops on this die are facing in the opposite directions.  You also what to cut your paper on the score line as it will not fold with the chip board.  Bet you can't guess how I know that lol.  I found it easier to glue my paper onto all my chip board then glue it all together.  You do not have to use both back pieces as I did but I  wanted to use the brands and thought it looked nicer.  I would also like to say that if you are using fancy chipboard please remember that the side you want out is the side touching the die. I remember this as if they are kissing.  

Well thank you for stopping in and hope you enjoy.  I am hopping to get a picture of our small group making these this week it is always nice to see someone else's take on something.

Denice

No comments: